Sunday, March 16, 2008

Poster: Zidane (2008)



I recently designed a poster for the Northwest Film Forum for their screening of Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait. They already has a poster that was being used for advertising, but one of the board members had pushed forward the idea of creating a commemorative screen printed poster to sell at the showings.

I donated my design time and we kept the designs to 2 colors to save on cost. I first created the design below, which I thought would look pretty cool. The idea was that the black layer would actually go down first and the dark grey layer would be a thinned-out white ink screen printed on top of the black, creating the ghostly grey. It didn't resonate with the client, so I created the design at top, which they did like. I'm pretty happy with both.