Sunday, May 27, 2007

Poster: Clarion West (2007)

Clarion West has been cool enough to ask me to design their poster for them for the last 4 years. I really like this design. It actually was originally a rejected cover comp that I submitted to Random House for an upcoming anthology of the best of the Kelly Link and Gavin Grant - edited Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet. But that's kind of the awesome thing about rejected comps -- at least for me, since my comps are basically finished pieces -- I can reuse them for other projects!!!

So, I think this makes a great poster and I'm pretty excited by it. I like the idea that a reading series that is clearly featuring authors of science fiction and fantasy doesn't necessarily have to feature dragons, wizards or spacecraft. To me, it just needs to read as intriguing and fantastical.

This will be a 4-color screenprint, 300 copies, 18" x 24"