Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ephemera: McGuizzo Dry Chimichurri Rub (2007)


Every holiday, my wife and I try and plan some sort of handmade item that we can give out to friends and family. In past years it has been home-brewed beer with custom designed labels. This year it is the McGuizzo Dry Chimichurri Rub. I like projects like this because they are easy to do, make you feel good because you're exercising your DIY muscles, and they look fabulous. The rub recipe is from the McGuizzo Family Archives, circa 1957. Spices were bought in bulk at PCC, the steel tins were purchased at Storables, and the label was designed by myself, printed out on my printer, and hand trimmed with an Xacto knife. The labels were then adhered with a combination of Elmer's glue and gluestick. Instant cool present. And it makes meat taste good as well.